Anyone who attended/performed/participated in The Laughing Skull Comedy Festival this weekend knows something huge is happening in Atlanta. The caliber of talent involved with the festival is immeasurable and damn near impossible to explain.
5 Reasons the Festival was a HIT:
1. Marshall Chiles’ heart is in the right place-and he is passionate about doing what is best for Atlanta Comedy…which is a hell of a lot more than most can say about other Atlanta Club Owners.
2. The caliber of talent that participated in the festival was astronomically high.
3. Each laugh made a HUGE difference in someones life. Half of the proceeds were donated to Lenny’s House: a place to get healthy mentally, physically and emotionally while learning life skills to be better prepared for reentry into a sober world. We were absolutely honored to have Lenny’s daughter, Kitty Bruce attend the festival-and she is amazingly kind!
4. Margaret Cho closed the shows on Friday and Saturday…which is always a treat!
5. Because people are already discussing how big this will be next year!
Missed the Festival? Sucks for you-but thanks to the exceptional photography of Lauren Grundhoefer you can see behind the scenes, the kick ball game, performers and everything in between here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29526685@N02/
Erin Patterson rocked the mini-van this weekend, and deserves mad props for shuttling everyone around
Jessica Mozes-Holy shit without her, Marshall and I would have been…much less capable of multi-tasking
The Staff at The Vortex, who kick ass anyway-but for real kicked ass this weekend
Thanks to everyone who supported the festival-YOU helped put The Atlanta Comedy scene out there for all to see!
I got sunburned playing kick ball-